The bars in Montreal
Montreal is well known for having an excellent selection of food and bars for all genders and ages. Montreal’s night life offers the best selection of beers, wines, and cocktails for locals and tourists; who usually are impressed by the top quality of brewery products.
For decades, Montreal has been the hub for pub crawlers looking for a perfectly brewed beer married with the best food. At Chez Alexandre you can find the perfect combination.
Our Beer Selection
Our selection of beers spans across Asia, America, and Europe. We have only the best picks for people who enjoys the taste of high quality beers. Our beer selection includes:
- Newcastle. Newcastle Brown Ale is a brown ale, originally produced in Newcastle upon Tyne, but now brewed by Heineken at the John Smith’s Brewery in Tadcaster, North Yorkshire.
- Blanche de Chambly. The first re-fermented white beer brewed according to Belgian tradition in North America, Blanche de Chambly has a wheat and subtle spices blanketed in citrus flavor with reminiscent of orange and lemon.
- Belle Gueule. Brewed in the strictest rules of art, Belle gueule is a slightly bodied lager with refined aroma. Belle gueule perfectly marries remarkable bitterness and sweetness in an attractive golden color.
- Sleeman. With its golden colour and concentrated white foam collar, the Original Draught os Sleeman is well balanced and easy to drink. In this particular lager you’ll notice a distinctive floral hop aroma with a refreshing finish.
- Kronenbourg 1664. Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc is a premium wheat beer that turns every beer moment in to a sip of French pleasure. Brewed in Alsace, France, Kronenbourg 1664 Blanc uses an old Belgian Wit beer recipe, and adds citrus, giving it a fresh fruity flavour.
- Grolsch. Grolsch brewery owes their four century history and superb quality to the Craftmanship and Artistry of skilled brewers and the selection of the finest all natural ingredients.
- Harp. Complex and flavourful. Light, floral and alive with citrus. This beer is perfectly balanced with a lingering malt and biscuity finish.
Guinness. Rich and creamy. Distinctively black. Velvety in its finish. This iconic beer is defined by harmony. Sip after sip, sweet counters bitter as the malt arrives on cue to complement a base of roasted barley.
- Smithwick’s. Smithwick’s is a clear beer with a rich ruby color and creamy head. It is refreshing and clean with gentle balance of Bitterness and sweet malty notes.
- Kilkenny. Kilkenny is a nitrogenated Irish cream ale from the makers of Guinness, which originated in Kilkenny, Ireland. It is brewed in Ireland and its heritage dates back to the 14th century.
- Sapporo. The original. The icon. Sapporo Premium Beer is a refreshing lager with a crisp, refined flavor and a clean finish. The perfect beer to pair with any meal and any occasion. Kampai!
Chez Alexandre Bar in Montreal
The John Sleeman Pub is located on the 2nd floor of Chez Alexandre. You will find the perfect ambiance combined with brewery products as well as our famous cocktails along with our regular menu and pub specialities.
Chez Alexandre’s pub honours John Sleeman, who founded in 1834 a brewing legacy based on the love of good beer, which has survived for five generations overcoming the prohibition in the 30’s.
The John Sleeman Pub invites you to our cigar lounge and fireplace; ideal combinations to catch up with friends, business meetings, or simply enjoy the taste of high quality local and international beers.
If you and your friends are looking for a good place to have the best selection of beers in Montreal, Chez Alexandre is the place to be.
Grilled chicken breast (with Caesar salad) 24
Blood pudding with apple (mashed potatoes) 25
Ox cheek cooked 12 hours 27
Knuckle of milk fed veal (mashed potatoes) 28
Duck confit 28
Cassoulet Toulousain (duck, sausages and white beans) 28
Milk fed calf liver (broccoli and mashed potatoes) 29
Glazed shoulder of lamb (couscous à la Provençale) 30
Sauerkraut with champagne (Moët & Chandon)35